[Nfb-krafters-korner] mp3

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 1 12:57:24 UTC 2010

Depending on the version of OpenBook that you are trying to use for the
conversion from text to audio, you might run into problems.  The older
version had issues.  I can't remember if either of the demos for OpenBook or
Kurzweil limit the features you have access to.

There are a bunch of software programs from a company called Premier
Software who makes a number of inexpensive assistive software products
including a Text to Audio converter.  They also have a product called Scan
and View that lets you put something on your scanner and scan it into the
computer and then enlarge the image on your computer screen.  It is a very
nice cheap solution to a CCTV.  The URL for this company is:

www.Readingmadeeasy.com

They have products for blind, low vision and learning disabled.  Many of
their products have demos that you can download.

HTH,
Annette