[Nfb-krafters-korner] hello

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sun Aug 8 19:39:07 UTC 2010

>From what I have seen here on the list, the teachers are very articulate and
they describe exactly how to do things in a much better and clearer way than
I have ever seen done by a sighted person. This is very amazing, and it does
make sense. Since they, too, are visually impaired, they know exactly how
you need to learn something. You can trust them to help you.

Otherwise, you can contact a local arts center or yarn shop - but most
people have no clue how to help a non-sighted person learn things that they
have learned and so by using only their sight.

Just pick something you want to begin with, and stay with that thing until
you really know how to do it very well. Don't jump around tryng several
different things at onece or it will be annoying and confusing and you will
soon quit it all. FOCUS is the key. Hope this helps you a bit.
Lynda
Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976
www.lyndalambert.com