[Nfb-krafters-korner] Candle Making

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon Aug 16 21:25:34 UTC 2010

Terrence

You don't have to worry about it smoking as you use a double boiler or as I
 did use the wax pouring pot and I would put it in a fry pan with water in
the  fry pan.  Then you have to use a wooden spoon and I would keep stirring
it  until the hhunks of wax were melted.  I used container wax which is a
one  pour wax and it melts at 130 degrees.  When I poured it into my
containers  such as jars or ceramic creamers, sugar bowls, coffee cups, etc. I would
 hold my finger tip inside at the heighth   I wanted to stop at and pour
slow enough that I would feel the wax hit my finger.  The low temperature  of
the wax to melt never hurt my finger.  Different types of wax have  higher
melting points and you could really  burn your fingers.  These  other waxes
you had to do a double pour with them as when they hardened    they would
not be level across the top.

I have been asked before about making candles, maybe I should give a
lecture on how to do it.  Anyone interested in that?

Joyce  Kane
www.KraftersKorner.org  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)