[Nfb-krafters-korner] Welcome Mary

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 01:33:28 UTC 2010

I'm sorry to hear about your dog.  Our last dog was put down for similar
organ failure.  It is always sad, especially when you take them in for the
shot -- I was a real masochist and opted to stay with her when she was put
down. I ended up bauling, and I think if I had it to do again I might have
done differently, but I felt the need to say goodbye.  What I really felt
was a mix of sadness and guilt letting them do that, although it was for her
welfare primarily.
She survived a hit and run but died less than a year later of organ failure.
Oh well.  We now have a very special little boy dog -- not a guide dog --
who has got us wrapped around his little paw...*smile*
He has a much milder temperment so is easier to care for.
Well hugs to you if it helps.  Remember the movie -- all dogs go to
heaven...
--le