[Nfb-krafters-korner] Lynda, question for you

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sat Aug 21 20:59:32 UTC 2010

Hi Jewell,
Well, I don't know if I can help or not. I will tell lyou how I did it, and
maybe that might help you.

Do you do a double warp on each end when you set your warp as ;you dress
your loom? Are you using a floor loom, or a small table loom? I only have
experience with a large floor loom and I only did tapestry weaving. In order
for a nice firm salfage, I always did two warps in the same dent at the
beginning and end of the salvage area.

When I put the yarn through the warp, I always pinched the salvage as I put
it through. And, since I did tapestry weaving, you don't pull the weft tight
at all, you make little hills and then you beat them down with the beater
bar. The little hills flatten out, without pulling on the salvage if you
made them big enough so that you don't pull your weft tight across but just
nice and even.

Does that help at all? Does it make sense? Maybe others on this list do
weaving and might have other tips. I was fully sighted during the years I
was weaving so I might not be the best person to give you help.

Lynda
Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976
www.lyndalambert.com