[Nfb-krafters-korner] Current Project

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Thu Aug 26 11:17:13 UTC 2010

This sounds fun!  The brailler sure makes it easier, too.  You can start at the top or start at the bottom.

With a cake, I would make the plate, how ever big you want and make the cake strait up for a while and gradually slant it.  The top is usually flat with a few stick candles.  If you leave the cake open, I mean, just do the outline, then you can braille what ever you might write on the cake, such as HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The lite bright might help in creating your picture.
Someone who knows what an airplane really looks like, could do the body and move up and down to position the wings and tail.  Same idea with a fish.

Terry P.