[Nfb-krafters-korner] Summer fun with kids

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Sun Aug 29 02:28:29 UTC 2010

Okay Tom,

How about this?

Buy frozen bread dough. Let it thaw. It will rise so put it on a pan
in the oven. Keep the oven turned off.

Now shape your bread dough into bagel or other shapes. You will have
to put some margerine or shortening of some kind on your hands to
keep the dough from sticking.

Drop each item into a pan of boiling water.  Use a slotted spoon  to
take the dough out when it rises to the top.

Place your creations on a lightly greased cookie sheet.  Bake at
three fifty for, I think, fifteen minutes or so. It depends on your
thickness. You want them golden brown.  They will feel crusty.

You just made homemade bagels or you can call them soft pretzels.

This is a big test. But once completed you have what every seventeen