[Nfb-krafters-korner] Looking around

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 29 12:08:38 UTC 2010

Yes, exposure to everything is the key.  If you can't verbally explain
something that Is not in reach of your nephews hands, then draw is in his
hands, use his hands and arms or other body part to show him how big or
small the item is, and if you need a bigger surface to draw the picture,
then draw it on his back.  My dad did this with my brother and I.  This soon
became a family game as we would all take turns drawing on dad's back and
making him guess what we had drawn.  I think this activity was more about
getting us to rub dad's back then it was to get us to stretch our expressive
skills.

In our house we had descriptive audio before it ever existed.  My dad was
very good about describing to my brother and I what was happening on the TV.

Annette