[Nfb-krafters-korner] Being a Blind Kid

Terrence van Ettinger terrencevane at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 19:37:58 UTC 2010

That reminds me of when I was a kid growing up in Montana; we had an
old riding mower that Dad took the mowing parts off of and turned into
a go-cart for me.  With directions from my friend, who was sighted but
used a wheelchair, I drove that thing all around our neighborhood, and
had a blast at it, too.  Oh yeah, and there was the old sailboat that
Dad let me play all over too.  And though I also had my share of
scrapes and bruises, I have never, to this day, broken anything.

On 8/31/10, Susan Roe <dogwoodfarm at verizon.net> wrote:
> I lost my sight at 15 and I had the most wonderful parents and sister!  They
> let me try/do anything I wanted as long as I cleaned up after myself.  So,
> needless to say, I was in the kitchen, in the barn, in the fields/gardens,
> in the wood lot and wherever my dad went, there was I.  Believe it or not, I
> had a lot of bumps and more than my share of black and blue splotches, but
> never stitches or a single broken bone.  I drove our tracter with directions
> from daddy on the ground, road and fell off my horse, went fishing, climbed
> all over our local fire trucks (my dad was the chief for many years), and
> now 32 years after I lost my sight I'm not sure if I would have had as much
> fun if I had been a sighted teen.  Oh well, go figure!
>
> Susan R.
> dogwoodfarm at verizon.net

>>> time.  But changing out a toilet, no big deal, Uncle Carlos let him help

>>> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/b.butte