[Nfb-krafters-korner] ... a thank you ...

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Wed Dec 1 15:01:53 UTC 2010

Hi La;
I tried sending you a message a day or two ago, but my computer locked on me.  Have you tried a tv tray.  They are easy to move and will fit in frunt of your wheel chair.  Be sure to use some kind of tray, to keep your work on the tv stand.  I have a few plastic trays for serving at parties, that I use.  Someone suggested a cookie sheet.  I also like to be near thwe couch where I can put other containers and be by the phone.  A coffee table would be helpful for you.
When taking a class, I try to open my package and put each supply item in a different container or as I said at the safty pin class, a large box that has deviders.  I organized the beads in sequencial order.  When doing a beading class, I try to have my needle threaded, even if I do not cut the length of the thread.  I am a bit slow and because I know this, I try to prepare ahead.  My beading tray has a pin cushion, 3 beading needles, a bead I use for my stopper bead and a pair of sizzors, all ready for me to work.  I can pick up this tray and put it away when ever I want.  Try to have lids for your containers so if your containers ever drop, it will be just the container you will have to find, not all the beads.
These tips should help anyone who does not have a very good work environment.  I do not have a dining room table yet and do not want to use a kitchen table.  I want a place that my crafts can stay until completed, if necessary.
Terry P.