[Nfb-krafters-korner] NLS new Knitting Book...

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Thu Dec 2 02:43:52 UTC 2010

Ninn:

Web Braille are electronically formatted Braille files that allow you to
download books and read them using a refreshable Braille display or
notetaker, or print them on a Braille embosser, or if you don't read
Braille, you can open them using text to speech software like K1000 or Open
Book and let those programs read it to you.  They have many really good
selections in Web Braille format for both knitting & crochet!!! I love Web
Braille for the knitting selections and then I can print out hard copies in
Braille which I mostly prefer for knitting directions, but sometimes when my
hands fatigue I do like just having them read to me by K1000 or one of my
little portable book devices.  If you want to get access to web Braille, you
have to contact your local lending library for the blind and request an id &
password for it.  It is not the same as the Digital Talking Books ... at
least not yet.

Eileen