[Nfb-krafters-korner] make-it-yourself gift ideas

Terrence van Ettinger terrencevane at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 05:46:44 UTC 2010

Another good one is cloven fruit. Take an apple, or an orange, and stick cloves into it so that the heads stick out. If you want to do funky patterns, and/or want to leave a line around the fruit where you could tie a ribbon to make it into an ornament, you could use some tape to help guide where you don't want the cloves to go. When done, you can use a mixture of ground cloves and I believe either cinnamon or nutmeg—I lost my copy of the mixture--to give extra scent to the fruit and also help preserve it. When they're not being used as ornaments, they work well as scenters for drawers/closets.

Terrence

Twitter: www.twitter.com/terrencevane
Skype: LandrasPhaelan
Words with Friends ID: terrencevak