[Nfb-krafters-korner] Carol

vickie london vlondon at ec.rr.com
Tue Dec 14 22:53:17 UTC 2010

Terri P.\
Yes you can knit a bell.  The pattern I have says to cast on 14 stitches
with size 6 needles.  Knit the first row.  Row 2: knit the first 10 stitches
and purl the last 4.  Repeat these 2 rows until there are 14 ridges.  Bind
off and sew the cast on and bind off edges together.  Then gather the top,
the ridges together.  When you turn the bell right side out, the purl edge
will sort of curl in to be the bottom of the bell.  You can tie on a ribbon
or something on the inside to hang the bell on a tree.  I have even tied
little jingle bells inside.  My kitten that I used to have loved playing
with these bells.

Vickie