[Nfb-krafters-korner] FB: Holiday Craft Traditions

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Dec 18 19:24:08 UTC 2010

I can't say there is any one thing that is a tradition.  Sometimes, when
both time & the mood allows I'll try to knit a few small gifts, but then its
never the same item each time.

When I was a child I do remember likeing to make Christmas wreaths out of a
clothing hanger and wrapping tissue paper.  Then I could either spray paint
them with a light coating of metallic color or a little bit of glitter
sprinkled on them with glue or hair spray and a few little red ornaments to
help make them festive.  They actually came out pretty and I used to like
making them.  This year I tried making my grand mother's Christmas cookies
that used to be a family tradition, but they need to be cut with cookie
cutters and after making them I remembered why I haven't done them in 20
years!

Eileen