[Nfb-krafters-korner] Weekly questions

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Mon Dec 20 21:26:23 UTC 2010

My family does not have any crafty traditions.  I am the one with the biggest interest in crafts.  I have been shairing some of the ideas for kids with my sisters.
I made five of my gifts, this year.  I had a cleanex box that was going to be sold at National and my sister saw it and said, that sure would look nice in my bath room.  Another sister wanted another Clean/Dirty sign for her dish washer.  I ended up making three more for friends.  I am trying to come up with a textured one that blind people can feal, but it is not working to well.
Some of the letters have two rows of stitches and the rug yarn I usually use, frays, and will not work.
I am hoping to make stars and maybe snow flake ornaments for my gifts, next year.
If my light house comes out nice, I will have my christmas gift for one sister.  She loves them and has a cottage on the Patomac river.  Maybe I will give the other a Christmas tree.
It is fun to be able to make someone something in their favorite color, just to please that someone in your life.
Terry P.

Theresa L. Powers (Terry)
Grants Clerk
Tobacco Control Research Branch