[Nfb-krafters-korner] Dropped Stitches

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Thu Dec 23 13:31:06 UTC 2010

Hi Mary,
It is so nice to talk with you about knitting.  I started knitting as a
child. Nobody in my family or friends knitted. I bought a book at a yarn
shop, and the lady there helped me to learn how to knit. I was around 10
years old. The only time I did not knit was when I was in grad school as I
just had to put it aside as there was no time for it since I was in grad
school at two different universities, in two different states at the same
time. Yes, I know, I used to be crazy. It is a pattern with me. haha

But, I get so mad and frustrated when I have such goof ups and then cannot
fix them. what makes me even more furious is when I do not know they are
there till well afterwards and then I fell so lost at sea, not knowing how
to even begin to fix them. Thankfully, my dear friend is a knitting wizard
and she comes to help me when I ask for it. But, I hate asking her to come
and do everything I can first - but eventually, I have such a big problem I
have to humble myself and ask. She is so willing to help and I should not be
so slow to ask.

It would be wonderful to have a class here with others on how to find those
dropped stitches and how to fix them myself. Also, since I want to make
socks I need to learn how to pick up stitches to do the heel flap, too.
Lynda River Woman