[Nfb-krafters-korner] New Year's Knitting Resolutions?

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Tue Dec 28 09:39:41 UTC 2010

Well, I have a few that I am determined to accomplish even if it kills me.
LOL

1. Attend my monthly Webb of Hope meetings each month instead of once or
twice a year so I can turn in my items monthly so my stack doesn't turn into
a mountain of items.  I'm trying to manage the yarn in, projects out idea a
little better.  They want to load me up with yarn and I have a tendency to
not go back to the meeting until I have finished with the yarn they gave me.
I missed the December meeting because it was canselled due to snow and the
last time I went was in the spring.  I am going to go in January and turn in
nearly two full grocery paper bags of baby throws, toddler sweaters,
childrens hat/scarves, hats, adult hat/scarves and ear warmers.

2. Plan household decorating projects for our cabin.

3.  Find and knit a decent Liberty Cap pattern for my husband.  I found one
that called for a 0 needle, but I've only used a 2 and no smaller.  It also
calls for a provisional cast on because you will be making a perminent fold
up brim.  Hmmm, needless to say, I'm still looking at that pattern.  He
found one on the internet for me, but when he was reading it over, it was a
copy of the authintic Liberty Cap, but it was for the American Girl Doll
series.  I could probably convert that one to an adult size.

4.  I want to put all of my crafting books, magazines, booklets, pamflets
and loose pattern sheets together in an organized manner on one set of
shelves.  I absolutely hate to look for a pattern I know darn well I have,
but finding it is near to impossible.  Then once I have decided to do
something else and am halfway through that project, well well, it just
happens to pop up.  Looky there, where the blue blazes were you when I
wanted you?

5.  I'm looking for a cloth rag doll pattern for the body, at least 12
inches long.  I want to make rag dolls and use scrap yarn for their clothes
and hair.  I have tons of scrap yarn with the web of hope left overs and I
do make use of it, but I'd like to do something different that I can also
give back to them.  I also keep clippings and snippets of yarn and throw
them into a bucket.  I'll use them for the doll's stuffing.

6.  Last, but certainly not least, I want to totally finish my crafting
room.  We have been here in the cabin for 5 years this month and that room
has been designated the craft room since before it was built, but not one
craft item has been made there nor has all of the craft, hmmm, stuff, made
its way there.  2011 is going to be the year of final completion!  Yeah
right, I'm trying not to hold my breath!

Well, I guess there is always 2012 to look forward too?

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net