[Nfb-krafters-korner] New Year's Knitting Resolutions?

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Tue Dec 28 22:25:47 UTC 2010

Knitting Resolutions

Well, I have this sweater sitting beside my chair and all I have to finish
is one sleeve. I'm not really sure why I haven't finished it but it sits
there languishing. So, I really want to finish that sleeve this year.

I've posted various questions on-list regarding chair covers. So far, I have
not found a pattern that meets my needs so I am going to have to design one.
The chair covers are to match my mother's Christmas table cloth. There are
fourteen chairs but I told her I would shoot for twelve which comes out to
one a month. However, the first one will take much longer since I am
designing it and we have to find yarn that matches. I have emailed Coats &
Clark to find out if their Holiday yarn is available all year and if they
have sample cards so we can match the colors. They have an Aran with gold
metalic that I think would match the background of her table cloth and then
I wouldn't have to use an actual gold to put in the swirls of gold to match.

It would be nice to finish the blanket I am working this year but I'm okay
if I don't. It is simply one of those long projects that I have sitting by
my chair when I watch tv that I can work on whenever I feel like it.

My father would like a pair of socks this year since I have been raving
about the pair I made for myself. This may or may not happen since KnitPicks
is discontinuing their Risata collection. I have purchased some Cascade
Fixation which is the only other sock yarn that I can find that has elastic
in it.

And last but not least, I received a drop spindle and roving for Christmas
so I am going to learn how to spin. I don't have any great expectations of
making all my own yarn or anything. The main goal is that I want to gather
enough fur from my new kitties (two are roughly the same color as my cat
that passed away) and combine it with what I had saved from my other cat to
make something special for myself. Apparently, I may have to attempt to also
make sock yarn with elastic since that seems like it is very hard to come
by.

Okay, perhaps I will save this message and report back at the end of the
year how things went.

Cindy S.

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/riverwo
man%40zoominternet.net