[Nfb-krafters-korner] regarding the peyote classs a mistake no class tonight

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Thu Feb 4 13:54:36 UTC 2010

Great, I did not miss it!

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurie Porter [mailto:freespirit1 at tds.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 6:07 PM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] regarding the peyote classs a mistake no class tonight

Hi folks:
I just got finished reading the sign up schedule for the peyote stich class and it is scheduled for February 10 and 17 at 7pm central or at least that's what it reads on the website. So there will be no class tonight. sorry but please plese sign up if you are interested we will be exploring 2 methods for putting in the first 2 rows of peyote. You folks who love knitting, and find it easy to manage 2 needles would probably do well with the 2 needle start method. I will also be teaching the traditional method using only 1 needle to start. Once you get those first 2 rows in, it gets easy from there. Once you learn the stich , you'll marval at how good it feels to the touch. When you master the peyote stich, you can be well on your way to making beaded purses wall hangings and tapestries as well as dozens of kinds of necklace, bracelet and earring patterns. it's fun and veryversitile. You can use any size beads for this stich too. We will be starting with the even count stich. You'll have to take my class to understand what I mean by that.