[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fridays Question

eileen SCRIVANI etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Feb 5 14:13:19 UTC 2010

I don't have a fixed budget for my knitting purchases, but I do look for
sales and other goodies like free shipping, etc.  I do most of my purchasing
on-line and have found it best to register with those web sites I like so I
get email notification of weekly or special sales.  For instance on
www.elann.com if you register with them then every time you make a purchase
you accumulate points.  The points don't expire so at the point you have
spent $500 with them they will give you $50 back to be used on a subsequent
purchase with them.  You must remember when shopping with them to always
sign in so you will keep accumulating your dollar points.  They have very
good prices on a lot of good quality yarn.  I know it sounds like a lot, but
over time you get it back and you can do it over years.  Other sites like
Webs www.yarn.com  and LittleKnits www.littleknits.com and Knit Picks
www.knitpickss.com will all offer free shipping for orders over a certain
amount. and they have good prices & a lot of good sale stuff too.

In general, when I make an adult size sweater I try to keep the cozst
somewhere between $40 to $70.

For general craft supplies from knitting, crochet, beading and much more
Herrschners is always a good resource and they always have different weekly
specials & hot buys but you need to register with them to get on their
mailing list.

Joann's also has an on-line site with a wide variety of products that are
not just knitting or sewing. At different times when I've needed stuff I've
been able to find some good buys/products from them.  Some times Joann's has
a 50% off 1 single item.  Smileys is another good resource for discounted
yarn but they only have flat rate shipping and I think you must spend a
minimum of $50 with them, but no matter how much you buy the shipping rate
does not go any higher.

Eileen