[Nfb-krafters-korner] FRIDAYS QUESTION-What have you made that you are most proud of?

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Mon Feb 15 17:33:39 UTC 2010

I am most proud of the colonial style, full length coat I made for my
husband about 10 or 12 years ago.  It was patterned from a sketch in one of
our colonial clothing books that was sent to Martha Washington as a suitable
coat for George to use while on survey work either on foot with snowshoes or
on horseback.

He was so tickled I was doing it for him that while we were cutting out the
different pieces in heavier and lighter weight wool, he kept snatching the
pieces and holding them up against his chest or taking the half sewn sleeves
and putting them on, trying to see what it would look like.  It took me
nearly 4months because I only did the long straight seems on the machine and
the rest by hand.  There were the two shoulder seems, the modified collar,
and the attached shoulder length cape that required seem thicknesses of five
or more layers of cloth.  He wanted to where it to Williamsburg when we
stayed there for four days for our anniversary 12/19.  I was sewing on
buttons as soon as we checked into the hotel so it would be ready for him to
where.  It is so heavy, it really has to be at least in the 40's or colder
for him to where.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net