[Nfb-krafters-korner] Air Freshner made wonderfully easy!!!

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Fri Jan 1 20:04:34 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

This might be my New Year Resolution and what a discovery!

I will start out with the short version of this.

I have always liked the smell of oranges and my foot doctor's office always
 smelt like someone had just peeled an orange.  When I asked them, they
told  me they get it from some distributor and have not found it any place
else.

So I had gone over to BrambleBerry Soaps in December as I wanted to get
some stuff over there to makelip balm for the kids and myself.  While  talking
with them I asked if they had any fragrance that smelt like oranges or
tangerines.  I orderd 1 ounce of Orange peels and one ounce of  clementine
cupcake or cookie something like that.

Next I did some research and well here it goes...

I purchased a plastic spray bottle.  I purchased 2 [probably 16 or
larger][I sentJohn out to get it so not sure   of what size he  got]ounce bottles
of distilled water.  Now I took my 1 ounce of fragrance  oil and poured a bit
of the distilled water out of the bottle.  I poured  maybe half the ounce
bottle into the distilled water and put cap on and shook it  well.  I then
poured it into my spray bottle and adjusted the spray spout  to a fine mist.
Wahla I sprayed it in the bathroom and near my kitchen  sink and it smells
like oranges.

Now you know you can get all different types of fragrance oils to make
candles and all of that stuff.  Well I am thinking like a gallon of  distilled
water to maybe an ounce  of the fragrance oil and you have a lot  of air
freshner.  With my search they said you need to use the distilled  water and
you can use this in replace of Feb breeze  and it is a lot  cheaper!!!  Those
fragrance oils run from maybe $2.50 to maybe $3.75 per  ounce, but if you
purchase maybe 4 ounces they drop in price way down.   Remember Brambleberry
soaps with each purchase you make there will give you 1/2  ounce of any
fragrance oil free with your purchase.  That is how I would  try out some of the
new smells before purchasing too much.  One One  ounce of fragrance oil will
scent 2 pounds of melt and pour soap, or 1 to 2  pounds of candle wax.

Well had to shaire my discovery with you.  That Feb breeze cost a  lot more
then that!

Happy New Year!

Joyce