[Nfb-krafters-korner] [NFB Krafters Korner] Monday night's chat

eileen SCRIVANI etscrivani at verizon.net
Thu Jan 7 00:25:01 UTC 2010

Terry:

I also have a bead loom and seem to recall a few other people on the list
saying they have them, but can't remember who.  Anyway, the bead loom allows
a person to weave using the fine nymo type thread to create the warp and and
either a comb type or set up or small coil spring creates the correct
spacing of these warp threads.  The warp creates tracks of threads and then
you thread on however many beads you like and push the beads into the track.
When you make your return pass with your large eye needle through the beads,
that will lock the beads into position.

Using a loom you can make bands of beads with what ever colors you like.
Then either sew or glue the beads onto some kind of backing or whatever you
want to do with them.  The bead loom is a native American Indian craft and
looms can range at the very simplest for ball-park of $10 and then they go
up into the hundreds of dollars.   I have what is called a "Bear Cub" loom
and paid around $30-ish.  You can search in google for bead loom if you want
to find out some additional info and get ideas on pricing.  I've seen a
child's type of toy set on amazon.com for around $10.

Eileen