[Nfb-krafters-korner] selling your items

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Jan 7 18:53:31 UTC 2010

I think you need to come up with a solution that will work best for you to
identify what you are selling, price, color, etc.  If you Braille it it I
don't find anything wrong with that.  You need to know what your product is
and be confident in presenting it.

This in plastic bags do not sound the best to me as you know you are
dealing with all types of sighted and non sighted people.  So your displays  need
to be for all.

There is all kinds of display containers, boxes available out there.
labeling  things so you know what they are and can describe them to  potential
buyers is what you need to do.

Maybe  group things together in colors so you can direct folks to  certain
colors they might be interested in.

If you have no sight you need to beware that your items can be taken and
think ahead on that.  Keep your money organized and if you have a money
identifier use it.  I like to use an apron that I made that has pockets  going
across the front and I keep all the $1, $5, $10 in each pocket.  I  keep the
$20 or higher in a place like a cash box or under the table.  Do  not be
rushed.  Remember, be professional.  Your crafted items should  be priced at
what you are satisfied for your cost and time to make.  You  should not sell
them cheaper at the end of the day as I don't know anyone  working out there
that  makes less money per hour at the end of the day  then what they were
making at the beginning of the day.  If you have items  that you want to move
promote them as "sale" items right from the start.   Folks love a sale and
why not offer it up for those that come out at the  beginning.

Well there is my 2 cents.

Joyce