[Nfb-krafters-korner] new member trying again

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Thu Jan 14 02:04:24 UTC 2010

Welcome Sue,

I had gotten a Bernina about 10 years back soon after I went blind.   Man,
you said you got $150 for your Feather Weight?  Those babies are very  hard
to find and the quilters love them because they are easy to take to
workshops and classes.  I have a Feather Weight that I got second hand 50  years
ago.

I got the Bernina with the needle threader, but it did not last very long
for me.  I have found needle threaders that I feel are the best because
they are almost 2 inches long the wire part and the metal disk is a little
larger then a quarter in size.  So I can feed it through the needle and
actually let go of it to find the thread without it falling down or out of the
needle and then use both hands to get the thread into it.

I love my sewing and quilting.  I have not done any lately, but the  urge
is starting to make me poke around and find a sewing project to work  on.

I went out and purchased a Singer machine last year just to make
buttonholes with.  I had this old Singer and started searching around for  one like
it.  It has this foot that you drop a button into the foot.   Then you slide
the bar on the foot to hold the button in place.  You set  all the settings
on the machine to this certain spot and wa la it will make a  buttonhole to
perfectly fit that button and stops when it is finished doing the
buttonhole.  I paid only $115 for the machine and that included  shipping.

Glad you joined us.  We have a lot of talented folks around  here.

We have some great upcoming classes.

I did a sewing machine lecture last year on tools that I have found to help
 me cut out fabric, sew and quilt.

Keep on Krafting...

Joyce