[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fridays Question:

Diane dianefilipe at peoplepc.com
Sat Jan 16 14:39:14 UTC 2010

I use cotton yarn, and really like the "Grandmas Favorite Dishcloth
pattern".  I found it on the net and my Mom read it to me.  You start out by
knitting 4 stitches. The next row you knit 2 and yarn over 1.  You follow
this pattern all the way up to 50 stitches (or what ever size you want).
Then you knit 1, knit 2 together, yarn over and knit 2 together again,
decreasing row after row until you have 4 stitches left and cast off.
I use this pattern for variegated and single color yarn.  They make the yarn
with variegation that makes stripes, so I usually just cast on 50 stitches
and knit until it is as big as I want.  The yarn makes it's own designs!
The leftover pieces of yarn I have, I try to coordinate with other yarn.
I received 2 Michaels gift cards, as Linda Anderson and I just exchanged
gifts as she had a cornea transplant and I haven't had the chance to see her
since November, so now I can go get more yarn!!!
What is the mystery dishcloth group?
Diane