[Nfb-krafters-korner] Looking for A Toddler Size 3t SweaterPattern...

eileen SCRIVANI etscrivani at verizon.net
Sun Jan 24 02:30:13 UTC 2010

I've been looking at many patterns and they all seem to go from size 2 and
then jump up to size 4.  The child is now a size 2 and while I do want him
to have wearing time from what I'm going to knit, I don't want it to be so
big he'll have to wait another year or more in order to wear it.  I was
hoping to not have to alter the pattern myself since I am not sure of
measurements for children at this age.  All the baby/children patterns I've
looked at from ages up to size two do a 6 month interval up to the size 2
and then make the 2 year jump to a size 4.

I have done searches for standard measurement charts also, but the only one
I was able to locate through the yarn craft council's web site does not seem
to be accessible or I'm not clicking on the correct thing in order to view
it.  Do you know where a measurements chart is on the net or NLS book.  If I
had standard measurements I'd feel more comfortable making alterations to an
existing pattern.  Again, I'm not looking for yarn estimations, but body
measurements for shoulders, chest, waist & arm length, etc.

Eileen