[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fridays Question

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Thu Jan 28 02:18:09 UTC 2010

Jane,

A lap loom can be made from wood or plastic.  The ones I work with are
either rectangular or circular, open in the center and afixed with pegs
around their openings.  You can wrap either a single strand of thick and
chunky yarn or double strands of regular yarn around the pegs in a certain
way and with a special hook, you pull the bottom loops on the pegs up and
over the top loops which then form woven stitches.  Then you rewrap again
and do the same thing over and over again.  It is knitting without needles.

I like to give my hands a brake from knitting with needles and always try
putting a project on one of the looms after I've done a few knitting
projects.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net