[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fridays Question

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 29 00:15:02 UTC 2010

I call it my anti-radar when I come so close to finding something  but never
actually find it.

When my daughter was about 2 I dropped something on the kitchen floor and
could not find it.  I asked her if she saw it on the floor and she said yes.
I asked her if she could tell me where it was and she responded, "in the
square".  Our kitchen floor was made to looked liked tile with grout lines
around each.  So not knowing which square she was referring to, I took her
out of her booster and asked her to pick it up for me.

I do not consider it to be lazy to ask someone sighted to look for something
I've dropped.  I'm all about saving time, and it is a whole lot faster to
have a sighted person to find a dropped item then it is for me to continue
looking for it myself.  Of course there are plenty of times when there is
not someone sighted around and I have no choice but to spend my time looking
for the item.

Annette