[Nfb-krafters-korner] Open book

Marianne Denning mdenning at cinci.rr.com
Sat Jul 24 21:40:04 UTC 2010

Joyce, I went to the Open Book manual on Freedom Scientific's website.  In
version 8 of Open Book you need to save as an audio file and there are
instructions to do this.  I tried to copy the information so I could post it
in this message but was not successful.  Version 8 is the latest version of
Open Book and the trial limits you to 40 hours of use.  It is a good way to
try a product to see if you are interested in purchasing it.  I think there
are inexpensive scan and read programs but I have never worked with any of
them.  I use Kurzweil 1000 and know you can create an mp3 or DAISY file
there also.

Marianne Denning