[Nfb-krafters-korner] (no subject)

Terrence van Ettinger terrencevane at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 00:47:45 UTC 2010

I think if this world gets any smaller we're all going to be smushed like sardines!  '-)  That's exactly what I do; I took over the computer and Braille position there a little over 3 years ago.  I'd heard you mentioned a couple of times from Karen etc.
	Interestingly, there are some who do beading on kumihimo, though I haven't tried doing it that way myself.  Both kumihimo and lucet are cord-making techniques.  Inkle-weaving is a weaving technique that creates a fairly narrow band of fabric, with the warp being the visible part of the material and the weft mostly out of sight, except at the edges.  The warp is wrapped around the pegs of the loom, with alternating strands being held down by threads called heddles, so that you weave the weft into the "sheds" left when the non-heddled threads are alternately raised and then lowered.

Terrence

Twitter: www.twitter.com/terrencevane
Kingdoms Live Code: bgc5a6