[Nfb-krafters-korner] Question about size of Tapestry Needle.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Jul 27 20:51:04 UTC 2010

I have found the eye of the size 16 tapestry needle to be way to small and I have had a difficult time feeding worsted weight yarn through the eye of the needle.  I would go larger than a size 16.  There is a relatively, new tapestry needle knitters use called Chiby  (spelling might be wrong), but the tip of the needle is curved a little and its supposed to help you scoop up & get into the stitches for weaving in or sewing knitted pieces together.  The size of the eye is just nice, no struggle to push the yarn through.

I have also purchased plastic tapestry needles through Lion brand that have a really large eye and they can sometimes be to large, but for bulkier yarns they are good.  Think they were just listed as a large eyed tapestry needle.

HTH.

Eileen