[Nfb-krafters-korner] Question about Macrame Belt Project.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Jun 4 23:27:51 UTC 2010

Laura:

Louis has loaned me a wood clamp which is called an "Easy, One Handed
Clamp."  I am useing  the clamp to anchor the cords onto the foot board of
the bed.  Before putting the clamp on, I first taped down the 2 center
cords, then set the two outer strands out and taped them in place so I would
have the colors laid out correctly.  For color 1  on the two strings, at the
very ends of those cords, I put little over-handed knots so I know what
color I'm working with.

Then for the very long pieces, I had Louis cut up a dowel for me in about 6
inch pieces (I think you can use a knitting needle or maybe a DPN) and I
wound the long ends around the dowel.  Its not perfect but keeps the long
cords more manageable.  I had talked with Joe and he said the Dowels could
not be used because  then I could not go through the loops, but I keep those
loops very loose & large and only tighten them up after I get the cord &
dowel through them.  So that is why I am wondering if I am doing this
correctly or not.  I forget, do you have any vision left?  When I get this
finished I will take a picture and post so will appreciate knowing if I am
doing it the correct way.  If it lloks bad, then tell me the truth, I want
to know if its on track or not.  My back is killing me from leaning over
this work for a good part of the day, so have packed it away for the night.

Happy Birthday to your mom!

Eileen