[Nfb-krafters-korner] tapestry weaving

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Tue Jun 8 20:52:05 UTC 2010

No, I decided that I needed to take the things out of my life that were not
so important to me and to focus on things that were important, to me. I gave
my loom, a large Macomber floor loom, to my daughter and I gave her
everything I had for weaving, all the yarns, and tools.
I also gave her my sewing machine, as I did not want to put the effort into
sewing that it took for me to do it, so I could ooncentrate of what for me
was most pleasureable. I took away some of my frustration to just focus more
narrowly and go from there.

When I wove tapestries, I worked from a design or image that I wanted my
tapestry to be. From that design idea, I made a template, on brown paper.
Then used that template to put the design onto the warp, and then did the
weaving using the warp imagery to guide me. I would have no idea how to do
this with no vision. I was never a "pattern weaver." I am thinking that
perhaps a pattern weaver would have the answers to your questions and could
help you. My weaving was always influenced by painting, and I wove like a
painter did a painting. But that was when I could see. I would love to hear
how you are able to resolve this issue and will look forward to hearing how
it is done, if someone can help you.
Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976
www.lyndalambert.com