[Nfb-krafters-korner] blind seed beader and looms

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Wed Jun 9 07:27:59 UTC 2010

Jewell,

Hello, my name is Susan R. and I live in Virginia.  I have done seed bead
loom work, (Native American patterns), from printed patterns.  I am totally
blind and my sister or husband reads me the graft/pattern colors in the
order they are strung on the needle and then across the virticle loom
strands.  I braille them down using letters for the colors.  You can do the
same thing for latch hook paterns.  I am not currently working on projects
with beads, but will have a section in my craft room at a later date.  As
long as you have someone who will read the color pattern chart/graft to you,
you shouldn't have a problem.  You can also put this on tape as well.  Just
remember to have the person read slowly, number each line read, and pause
between each line.  This allows enough space to pause the player between
each line and not lose your place in the pattern.  This can also be done for
knitting grafts too.

Susan R.
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net