[Nfb-krafters-korner] pottery

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Jun 10 20:13:29 UTC 2010

What is hand building?  I think I know a little about the pottery  wheel,
but really did not have much of a chance to try it out.  I think it  was 3
summers back I had gone to the Hole in the Wall Camp and spendt the week  in
the craft area working with the kids.  I had gotten someone to kinda  stand
there and tell me what to do, but a couple of the kids came over and  wanted
to show me.  So I got up and then they worked the wheel and the  clay.  They
had a great time and I was their audience.

The hole in the wall camp is really something and they never had a guide
dog there before.  I really have to tell you it was really something when  my
guide dog and I walked up to the tree house they have there.  It is  about
50 feet off the ground and something like 40 trees make up the tree  house.
It actually  has a house with a roof and windows that I would  say 35
people could gather.  While I was there in the tree house they had  an author
reading her book to a group of the campers.

Yes, Paul Newman showed up and was dancing with the kids and had lunch with
 them.

Joyce