[Nfb-krafters-korner] new member

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Fri Jun 11 12:55:04 UTC 2010

I agree with Joyce, if you enjoyed doing pottery and want to try again, find
some place that has it. I bet you have a local pottery somewhere near where
you live who would help you with some lessons at his/her studio. How about a
local community center, community college, or even a local high school. Lots
of times they offer adult classes and our local high school offers classes
in pottery at night to adults, too. FIND what you want and go get it girl.

I am setting up a pottery shop here at my studio. I got rid of all my
painting supplies, by selling them very cheap to an art major at a local
university. She was thrilled with her stash, and I was happy to be moving on
to something more doable for me. I will  put together a two year plan. I am
working on it right now. Right now, I am writing up a budget, gathering
information and prices of all the things I will need in my pottery studio.
As I think of something I put it on my list. I am detailing out every little
thing and putting a cost to it so I know what amount of money I will need to
have my own shop in two years. Little by little, that is how it is done.
What seems immense today, will grow more realistic when you write a plan and
begin to impliment that plan little by little.

To begin your own plan, FIND a place to learn to do pottery, and then go
from there.

Lynda
Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976