[Nfb-krafters-korner] pottery

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Jun 11 19:01:35 UTC 2010

Founded in 1988 by Paul  Newman, The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp in Ashford,
Connecticut is a nonprofit,  residential summer camp and year-round center
serving  children and their families coping with cancer and    other
serious illnesses and conditions.

I took the above off the  website.  They have volunteer doctors and nurses
there and what is so great  is  a child never leaves their activities for
medications or treatments,  the nursing staff goes to the child where ever
they are or whatever they are  doing.  For a group of 6 they have 3 or 4 adults
with them all the  time.  The campers sleeping quarters have an adjoining
room for the adults  to sleep.  I was a floater so I did not stay in there
area to sleep, but  you are assigned a camp and then you eat with them,
evening activities you  participate with.  I spendt the day in the craft area
working with anyone  that was in there.

The kids go free to the  camp.

Joyce