[Nfb-krafters-korner] business plan

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 12 21:30:09 UTC 2010

Wow, I'm impressed that your insurance paid anything toward the device.
I've worked in the field of assistive technology for 30 years, and I've only
seen insurance plans that would pay for assistive technology that was
directly related to the individuals health.  This could include wheelchairs,
scooters, augmentative and alternative communication devices, talking blood
pressure machines and talking glucameters, etc.  Did someone have to write a
justification for the insurance company?  If so, do you know what they said
about the barcode reader?

Annette