[Nfb-krafters-korner] Introducing Myself

Powers, Terry (NIH/OD/DEAS) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Thu Jun 17 11:25:26 UTC 2010

Welcome to the new Carla and Terry!  My name is also Terry.  How are we going to tell the 2 Terry's and the 2 Carla's apart!
Just like on the braille note list, there were 2 Terry's, but we did not spell our names the same and still people could not tell us apart.
My last name is Powers, so I finally started signing;
Terry, the Powerful Powers
By that, I am implying, being blind we need to succeed in the sighted world.

My main craft is plastic canvis.  I am slowly learning to knit and do beading.  I am hoping to combine plastic canvis and beading into one craft.
I am working on my first try at making helmit liners for the men at war.  With a few hurdles to solve, I am on the road to success.  I sure have learned a lot I did not know about knitting, in 2 weeks, thanks to Joyce and Eileen!
Terry Powers from MD