[Nfb-krafters-korner] Wood Working Table at NFB Convention.

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 15:32:25 UTC 2010

Terry, sometimes caution is necessary -- it depends on the reasons I can't
travel alone.  I am in a wheelchair and blind and on top of that have OI or
brittle bones, so if I do have any hard knocks or falls, my bones fracture.
And that not to mention any other needs related to physical condition.
Because of this I need someone familiar with this problem to be with me --
and while I'm sure there are many people at convention who would be willing
to take me around, I really don't want to have a blind person pushing my
chair.  Sometimes caution is appropriate. When I was in college I was more
daring -- also I was able to walk, and went new places and explored on my
own. But now, caution wins out. And as for chapter people willing to travel
with me, I have left messages for them to call me back and they have not.
I don't mean to flame, but it isn't as if I haven't thought it out.
--le