[Nfb-krafters-korner] beads and stuff Linda

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Fri Jun 18 21:59:45 UTC 2010

Hi Joyce,
So neat to hear your story of how you started weaving. I began weaving in
undergraduate school. I was a painting major, but I kept taking weaving
classes so in the end my BFA show was both Paintings and Tapestries. I weave
like I paint. My weavings always began with a painting first, then I
translated that painting into a cartoon which I used to put the forms on the
warp. So I was not a traditional weaver in the sense of working from graphs
or charts and planning every detail first (pattern weaving). My weavings
developed during the entire process, with each stage of the process changing
from the one that came before it. Post Modern weavings, I would say, not at
all traditional.

I would not rule out weaving again some day, but never the scale I did
before, and no more on the floor loom. If I would weave again, it would
probably be bead weaving on a small loom, and I would probably create woven,
beaded, paintings.

For now, just to be able to do beading again without help from others would
be the best thing ever. So, too, with pottery. I am working on it!

I enjoyed hearing about your travels very much. I have always loved to
travel and for me, being lost is always FUN when I am traveling.Lynda
Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976
www.lyndalambert.com