[Nfb-krafters-korner] needles

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Mon Jun 21 15:42:34 UTC 2010

Hi Knitters:

Yes, Pattern Works have the Addi 40" long needles in size triple 0 (000) for
$18.00  I suppose if you want for $15 you can get the Addi size double 0
(00) instead.  However, if you only work with finer weight yarns like a DK
or finer than I'd go with the triple 0 and not the double 0 because you do
not want to stretch out your stitches with a fatter needle points.

One other thing you might want to think over before purchasing the 40" long
version of this needle since its a bit more pricey than your average needle
is the width of pieces you will be using it on.  For instance if you will be
knitting a sweater that is 40" wide around and you will only work the back &
fronts as 1 piece, then you might want to consider getting a 50" or 60" inch
long needle.  Other wise, go ahead and get the 40" long needle for learning
purposes.  You always want extra length on a life line so it does not pull
out of either end of your work.  You will have to actually call to ask them
the lengths available in these needles, I forget the exact specs on them
all.

Eileen