[Nfb-krafters-korner] Braille verses talking

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 01:05:17 UTC 2010

!With the decrease of feeling in my fingers after 50 plus years of
diabetes, my wish would be to be able to read Braille enough to be able when
speaking in public to keep up with notes.  I feel I don't have the  sensitivity
of touch to feel Braille paper.  I do feel that with today's  technology
Braille displays can be adjusted to heighten the touch factor enough  for me to
feel it.  Here we go again with the technology and the dollar  cost of it.

I fly by the seat of my pants with public speaking and do it quite  well.
I could do it better with something like this,.  I loved when  the US
Government sent me to India to speak to the blind about independently  traveling
with a guide dog.  I would love to do more public speaking  thingies.  If
anyone knows of a chance of me getting  a Braille  display for my older
packmate at a good price.  I would love the  opportunity to learn Braille good
enough for doing the above and talk in public  about our crafting.

Just a dream I have

Joyce  Kane
www.KraftersKorner.org  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)