[Nfb-krafters-korner] LOOM PATTERNS

eileen SCRIVANI etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Mar 2 02:07:52 UTC 2010

Well, the Loom book is already in their system so it's in process.  I
already have compiled a list of titles I'd like to see them put into
accessible formats. <GRIN>  I hesitated submitting the list because I was
feeling a little greedy so held back.

On a some what related subject, I have been very upset with NLS over their
putting quite a few DTB's into Spanish.  We are, as it is, limited to only
about 5% of all books that the standard population has access to and this
will now diminish the number of titles made accessible in English.  And more
than likely, increase the time it takes to make a book accessible! I was a
huge supporter of writing my representatives to put the money into upgrading
the NLS system ... had I been aware that they would be putting titles into
Spanish I would not have written and called as much as I did.  It is a total
drain on both money & resources.

Soap box off ...

Eileen