[Nfb-krafters-korner] Introduction from a New Member

AUDREY WELLNER rencraft at snet.net
Tue Mar 9 02:33:55 UTC 2010

Hi Jewel,
   Welcome to our group and hope you have fun and find answers to your crafting questions. I am Audrey, Secretary of Krafters Korner and would like you to explore this site:
    http://www.ssww.com/search/?va=1&v=string+art
   The pictures you are talking about are definitely called "String Art" and this site still has the kits available.  I put this site up several days ago, but I guess no one has had a chance to review the things they have to offer.  I dealt with this company off and on for several years and know they are very reliable.  They are called "S & S Worldwide".  I have no other affiliations with them other than to offer you all an on line location to obtain some of your craft supplies at a reasonable very price and a more convenient delivery option.
   I also want you to know I am a seamstress and one of the items we use in sewing is a leather thimble that slides over your finger to help with the pushing of the needle.  This can be used as a protection for your finger when pushing in your tacks.  They can be purchased in any sewing store or in the beading aisle of craft suppliers,(Joann's, AC Moore, Michael's)
We also use metal and plastic hard thimbles, but these might not give you the touch sensation you need.
   Lastly, with Joyce's last post to you - I believe she was trying to let you know that you need to start your application for the Jernigan Fund as early as possible, even if it's not for this year.
   Good luck,
   Audrey Wellner
   Secretary, Krafters Korner