[Nfb-krafters-korner] FRIDAYS QUESTION-What craft have you always wanted to try?

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 18:25:46 UTC 2010

Oh, by the way...for those of you want to learn to spin, might I
suggest looking into the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) and
seeing if any of the local Scadians do spinning. There are quite a few
spinners in the S.C.A., and they are always very willing to share
their craft with others. And they could probably point you to some
great sources for raw wool and such. The group has some sheep farmers
who sheer their sheep and sell their wool to spinners. I bought my
sister a pair of fingerless gloves that were produced by the same
person: She raised the black sheep, sheered them herself, spun the
wool, knit the wool, and made the gloves. They were a lovely dark grey
(black sheep are not totally black!).

~Jewel