[Nfb-krafters-korner] FRIDAYS QUESTION-What do you use to carry your craft items with you?

eileen scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Mar 27 14:00:41 UTC 2010

Well mostly all I carry around are knitting & yarn supplies.  I usually like
a large size tote bag and have different types.

I have two that were given as "goodie Bags" when the VP from Lion Brand came
and did a trunk show at my local knitting guild.  These bags are very light
weight fabric and so long as they have a lot of stuff in them they do stand
up, but they don't have any storage pockets which makes things a bit of a
jumbled mess in the bag.

.  The best tote I have is more of a fashion bag that I got on sale at Ann
Taylor a year or two ago ... not only is it pretty, but it has a nice big
open compartment and a number of different sized separate pockets.  It's
good because there are no velcro closures in the bag. Velcro & yarn don't
mix!

I also have a small plastic zippered pouch that holds things like my tape
measure, stitch markers, etc.  I got this little goody at a yarn stores
grand opening and its been perfect, but age & use is now starting to show on
it.  I'll have to find a replacement for it soon.

At one point I think I looked into both a tool box & the fishing tackle box
but what I found weighed a ton and I could hardly lift the things.  It was
over kill even for just using in the house.  Finally, for storing my
straight needles, I got a little chest with 4 drawers and a top storage
section/lid that lifts up.  In each draw I stuck these little dividers to
make approx 4 sections out of each draw.  then in size order, I stuck dimo
labels so my straight needles are much better organized.  Of course, this
stays at home.

Eileen