[Nfb-krafters-korner] down time

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed May 12 15:32:31 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone:

  You may have noticed that connection speeds with nfbnet.org, and
other web sites that share the server, as well as traffic on the
lists  may have been a bit slow in the past week.  If you noticed it,
you were  right.

As the next step in this long connection saga with QWEST, I am
replacing the DSL modem.  It has been ordered, and is scheduled to
arrive on Thursday.  If it does, I will be installing it Thursday
evening.  This means some down time for the whole system, as the
connection will be down while things get reconfigured.  I can't tell
you exactly when, or for how long, but some time Thursday evening
after  7:00 p.m. central time.

Sorry for any inconvenience -- but hopefully this will result in
better  service.

Dave

David Andrews, SysOp and List Owner

                     David Andrews:  _dandrews at visi.com_