[Nfb-krafters-korner] any bulky machine knitters?

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Mon May 17 12:59:01 UTC 2010

Susan,

Did I ever tell you that I made candles and sold them as a business for a
while a few years after I went blind?  I did this prior to 9 11  Soon  after
that time folks got tight with their money and I switched  over to  doing
candle art at craft fairs.  Candle art is granulated colored wax and  I had
an array of glass jars that kids would do like sand art, but it was candle
wax designs.  I then would stick a wick in their creations put some  sirranne
wrap in the top and then screw on the top of the jar and add a bow and
send them off carrying their proud one of a kind creation.  I made up  labels
and stuck them on the bottomn of the jar that said "Created by Me!

I had  to stop the ccraft shows as my friend who was sighted that  helped
me had a back problem which gradually worsened .

Oh well I really enjoyed myself doing that.  I was out with kids,  making
some money and it was far from a steady 9 to 5 job.

Joyce